Matakahi means a wedge and is used to describe our kaupapa to support the growth of the future of Ngāi Tahu business leaders, strong in both their culture and in commerce.
The Matakahi scholarship programme is supported by Ngāi Tahu Holdings and allows participants to understand in depth Ngāi Tahu Holding’s commercial aspirations along with the need for value-based stewardship of the tribe’s assets.
Advantages of this scholarship include:
- Annual funding to cover a portion of tuition fees
- Paid summer work placement
- Mentoring and opportunities for cultural involvement to strengthen your Ngāi Tahutanga
- Ties to Papatipu Rūnanga – including attendance at Hui-ā-Tau, Noho Marae, Aoraki Bound and more The Matakahi scholarships are for Ngāi Tahu students studying Commerce, law or Property.
We welcome applications from those who:
- Are a registered member of Ngāi Tahu
- Are studying commerce, business, finance, law, accounting, property, valuation, marketing, HR or management at a tertiary level
- Are motivated and passionate about their iwi
Applications are taken annually in February.
For further information visit ngaitahu.iwi.nz. To enquire about dates and locations or to register your interest, please contact 0800 524 248 or email IwiCapability@ngaitahu.iwi.nz.